In order to be considered for the prize in the end you must give your $20 buy-in to Andrew by Friday February 12th! If everyone buys in at this point we are looking at a $160 prize to the winner! From the looks of it - everyone is still in the running for winning!

Friday, February 5, 2010

SC Day 5

11:30am: left over pork pepperonata, about 1/4 cup & 1 tangerine
12:30pm: left over garlic chicken tenders
03:00pm: 10 green grapes
06:00pm: mixed green salad (w/red & yellow peppers, tomato(s) cucumbers), Korean bulgogi skirt steak, more cucumbers & green tea from Dragonfish Cafe
09:30pm: 4 pieces of roasted banana bites

A quick recipe I got from MTM to fulfill the sweet tooth - Roasted Tropical Banana Bites.


Serves 2-4 - Ingredients:
  • 2 medium bananas
  • 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp butter or vegan substitute
  • 1 tsp lime juice (you could also use lemon)
I didn't get a chance to get shredded coconut so I didn't use that. Also did not use brown sugar. Next time I want to try it with shredded coconut .. not really a fan of coconut but I'm trying to expand my palate. Anyway, decided to try it out with unsweetened cocoa (so I basically used bananas, cinnamon, cocoa, butter, lime juice).

Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Halve bananas length-wise and then into bite size pieces and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar and coconut, then sprinkle liberally with cinnamon. Squeeze lime over everything. Add a small dot of butter to each bite. Roast for 5 minutes, then turn off oven and broil for 2-3 minutes (or until tops of bananas are golden and bubbly).

Really simple recipe! The cocoa didn't melt into the bananas like I thought it would (though the cinnamon did really easily) so maybe I put more than I should've . . or didn't put enough lemon juice on 'em. I'll have to experiment with these again later but overall I thought they were tasty.

1 comment: